Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is great with any fish and can be cooked on the bbq as well.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 medium green pepper, cored and seeded
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb whole tomato, drained and cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (1 lb) cleaned trout or 3 (1 lb) cleaned trout
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onions and garlic in oil till onion is translucent.
- Add veggies and spices.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 10 min; set aside.
- Place trout on large sheet of aluminum foil.
- Spoon veggies over and around fish. Wrap tightly.
- Place on baking sheet and bake till fish flakes; about 45 minute.