1/5 Photos of Baked Trout with Garlic & Mushrooms
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To cook trout, wash and dry the fish inside and out and coat sides with a little olive oil.
- 2Slice mushrooms and place half in the bottom of a shallow baking dish.
- 3Salt and pepper fish, inside and out, to taste and place in dish on top of mushrooms.
- 4Sprinkle bread crumbs over fish along with the minced parsley, chopped garlic and the green onion.
- 5If using fresh lemons, squeeze 1 or 2 directly over the entire trout including the inside.
- 6Meanwhile melt butter, add to olive oil and the juice of 2 lemons.
- 7Pour slowly over fish saving about half of the mixture.
- 8Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees or until they are tender and bread crumbs are light brown.
- 9Fish is done when the meat flakes easily when a fork is inserted into the flesh and lifted up slightly.
- 10Just before the fish are done, saute 1-2 minutes , the remaining mushrooms in the sauce that is left and pour over top after placing trout on a serving plate.
- 11Garnish with a few lemon wedges and a few sprigs of fresh parsley.
- 12Serve this Italian Trout recipe with rice, or Italian pasta, and a vegetable.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Trout with Garlic & Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 825.8
- Calories from Fat 484
- Total Fat 53.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 221.6 mg
- Sodium 304.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 73.6 g