Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Carolina Country Cooking.
- 2 trout, dressed (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- lemon wedge
- Sprinkle the trout with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Combine parsley and the next 6 ingredients in a small bowl and stir.
- Stuff half of herb mixture in each fish cavity.
- Place fish in buttered 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking dish and dot the fish with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
This was a fish feast! I defrosted the fish into colded water and I prepared the recipe as you suggested. I used all fresh herbs from the garden, expect green onion from the shop and it was really delicious! We enoyed it with mashed potatoes (Golden Garlic Mashed Potatoes) and beet salad (Roasted Beets With Yogurt and Chives). Thanks a lot for this great recipe, I wil do it again! Made for Culinary Quest 2014.