Recipe by lazyme
From Carolina Country Cooking.
Top Review by awalde
This was a fish feast! I defrosted the fish into colded water and I prepared the recipe as you suggested. I used all fresh herbs from the garden, expect green onion from the shop and it was really delicious! We enoyed it with mashed potatoes (Recipe #318025) and beet salad (Recipe #518221). Thanks a lot for this great recipe, I wil do it again! Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
- 2 trout, dressed (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the trout with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Combine parsley and the next 6 ingredients in a small bowl and stir.
- Stuff half of herb mixture in each fish cavity.
- Place fish in buttered 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking dish and dot the fish with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.