Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and simple. This dish can be served with a salad, buttered potatoes and a crusty bread to soak up the juices.
- 4 whole fresh trout, gutted
- 2 tablespoons butter
For the Stuffing
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 7/425F/220°C.
- To make the stuffing, mix parsley, lemon zest and juice, capers, grated garlic and finely sliced onion together in a bowl.
- Season with salt and freshly milled black pepper and give it a good mix.
- Open each trout and in the gut cavity, spread the stuffing then fold back to its original shape.
- Place the fish in a buttered baking dish.
- Put a knob of butter on each fish and bake on the top shelf of the oven for 15 minutes, basting once with the juice.
- To serve, place the fish on a serving plate and pour over the fish the remaining juices from the tray.