Recipe by NorthwestGal
The Betty Crocker International Cookbook explains that a savory stuffing enhances the flavor of this baked trout dish, which is a favorite in coastal regions of Ireland. It's excellent served with traditional Irish Soda Bread.
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 4 drawn whole trout (about 8 ounces each)
- salt, for rubbing
- 12 cherry tomatoes (optional garnish)
- 1 sprig fresh parsley (optional garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook and stir onions and pepper in butter until onions are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in bread crumbs, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and basil.
- Rub cavities of each with salt. Stuff each fish with about 1/4 cup of the stuffing.
- Place fish in greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake in oven at 350° fpr 30 to 35 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and sprigs of fresh parsley, if desired.