Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a whopping good dinner! Serve up with fresh cooked veggies and a nice salad! This came from an olive oil cooking site.
- To prepare the trout: Preheat the oven to 400°F Coat a large baking sheet with oil.
- With a tweezer or pin-nosed pliers, remove any tiny bones from the fillets, skin side down, on the baking sheet.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Pour half into a cup; set aside.
- Add the scallions and carrot to the pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the bread cubes, broth, egg, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the pepper.
- Toss to moisten.
- Spoon oval mounds of the stuffing on the fillets.
- Press lightly to pack.
- Drizzle with the reserved oil.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the stuffing is golden.
- With a panckae turner, transfer the stuffed fillets to plates.
- Note: This dish may be put together several hours in advance.
- Allow the stuffing to cool to room temperature before mounding the fillets.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- The baking time may increase by 5 minutes.
This is a really nice fish dinner. I made exactly as written except that I didn't add all of the chicken broth as I thought it may have been a bit too much. I used a cup of the broth and the stuffing was still a bit soggy but tasted nice. Also, I used two very large rainbow trout fillets (1 lb. each) and just distributed the stuffing between the two of them. Very nice recipe Sharon, thanks for sharing!