Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Coup de Pouce. This is an healthy recipe that I plan to try soon. And also it's done in less than 30 minutes.
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 4 trout fillets, skin removed (about 1 lb/500 g total)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Put the buttermilk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, mix breadcrumbs, parsley, mustard powder, salt and pepper. Dip the trouts in buttermilk, letting drain the excess , then put in the breadcrumbs flipping them to coat well (shake to remove the excess).
- Put the trout fillets on a baking sheet that has oiled foil on it. Sprinkle almonds on them and drizzle with butter. Cook in a preheated oven of 450 F 8 to 12 minutes per inch of thickness or until it flakes easily with a fork.
This was an excellent way to cook trout. It seems to be healthy also. I used panko whole wheat bread crumbs. It gave the trout filets a delightfully crunchy coating. I baked until the almonds were starting to toast a little dark and this resulted in perfectly cooked fish. I would definitely make again.
Really enjoyed this recipe! I added a little more mustard powder, and also added some minced garlic to the breadcrumb mix. Thanks for sharing! Made for 123 Hits Tag.
I took a big liberty with this one and used a salmon fillet instead of trout. I tried to find a good trout fillet and just couldn't find one! This was really good and I would use more mustard powder next time because I couldn't really taste it. I also just used 1% milk because it was too small an amount to buy buttermilk just for 1 recipe. Made for Photo Tag. Thanks Boomette! :)