Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is a recipe that I found in a magazine and thought that I'd share it with everyone. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but intend to do so soon!!
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 saffron strands
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced, crosswise
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F heat oil and saffron in an 8-inch skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, onions and garlic, and stir well. Gently press into an even layer with a spatula. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Stir, season with salt and pepper, and press again. Cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Drain in a colander, reserving oil.
- Whisk together eggs, parsley, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in potato mixture. Heat 2 tablespoons reserved oil in the skillet over medium heat. pour in egg mixture, and gently press into an even layer. Reduce heat to medum-low. Cook uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Bake and set, about 5 minutes. Invert or serve from pan.