1 hr 15 mins
Chef #1089173's Note:
This is the best tortellini soup I have ever had!!! I aquired this recipe from an wonderful woman named Ruth when I visited Italy. Alot of variety in the soup and it all tastes great together!!! Enjoy!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs Italian sausages
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and thinly sliced carrots
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed (can use butter beans)
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 16 ounces tri-color cheese tortellini, cooked al dente and drained
- garnish with grated parmesan cheese
- serve with garlic or regular French bread
- 1Preheat oven to400 degrees.
- 2In roasting pan, combine sausage, onion, garlic and pepper. Add olive oil and toss to coat.
- 3Roast, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 20-30 minutes until sausage is browned.
- 4Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- 5Drain grease from sausage and cut into ¼ in slices.
- 6Return to roasting pan. Add beef broth, water, Italian seasoning, and carrots.
- 7Cover and return to oven. Bake 30 minutes, until sausage is tender. Remove from oven.
- 8Stir in tomatoes with juice, beans, olives, and zucchini. Bake 15-20 minutes.
- 9Add tortellini and bake 5 minutes longer.
- 10Garnish with parmesan cheese.
- 11The soup may also be prepared entirely on the stove.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (710 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1149.7
- Calories from Fat 549
- Total Fat 61.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 145.4 mg
- Sodium 3743.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 58.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: