Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best tortellini soup I have ever had!!! I aquired this recipe from an wonderful woman named Ruth when I visited Italy. Alot of variety in the soup and it all tastes great together!!! Enjoy!!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausages
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled and thinly sliced carrots
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed (can use butter beans)
- 1 (6 ounce) canpitted sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 16 ounces tri-color cheese tortellini, cooked al dente and drained
- garnish with grated parmesan cheese
- serve with garlic or regular French bread
- Preheat oven to400 degrees.
- In roasting pan, combine sausage, onion, garlic and pepper. Add olive oil and toss to coat.
- Roast, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 20-30 minutes until sausage is browned.
- Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Drain grease from sausage and cut into ¼ in slices.
- Return to roasting pan. Add beef broth, water, Italian seasoning, and carrots.
- Cover and return to oven. Bake 30 minutes, until sausage is tender. Remove from oven.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice, beans, olives, and zucchini. Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Add tortellini and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
- The soup may also be prepared entirely on the stove.