For this baked tortellini casserole, I used one large skillet and one casserole pan. I made a quick basic meat sauce with onions, garlic, ground beef and canned tomatoes. But instead of simmering and reducing the sauce, I combined the cheese and fresh uncooked tortellini, and let the entire mixture bake in the oven. Just be sure to keep it tightly covered with foil so it stays moist. The foil keeps the moisture in and cooks the tortellini as it bakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb 97% lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) package of fresh cheese tortellini
- 3 cups freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil, until soft.
- 2Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Once beef is cooked through, stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- 4Stir in uncooked, fresh tortellini and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- 5Transfer to casserole dish and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- 6Cover tightly with foil and baked at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Tortellini Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.5
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 91.8 mg
- Sodium 1812.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 30.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
97% lean ground beef