Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an excellent side dish, makes a lovely presentation for a dinner party and can be fixed ahead. Just be sure you don't overbake. This is from an old church cookbook.
- Cut slice off tops of tomatoes and scoop out the pulp, being careful to leave tomato intact.
- Salt lightly and turn upside down to drain.
- Mix chopped, cooked broccoli with tomato pulp.
- Add the cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, Accent, grated onion and crumbled bacon.
- Mix thoroughly and fill tomatoes with mixture.
- Dot the tomatoes with butter or margarine.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet (with sides) and bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
- Do not let them over bake or they will split.