This is an excellent side dish, makes a lovely presentation for a dinner party and can be fixed ahead. Just be sure you don't overbake. This is from an old church cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut slice off tops of tomatoes and scoop out the pulp, being careful to leave tomato intact.
- 2Salt lightly and turn upside down to drain.
- 3Mix chopped, cooked broccoli with tomato pulp.
- 4Add the cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, Accent, grated onion and crumbled bacon.
- 5Mix thoroughly and fill tomatoes with mixture.
- 6Dot the tomatoes with butter or margarine.
- 7Place on a greased cookie sheet (with sides) and bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
- 8Do not let them over bake or they will split.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Tomatoes W/Broccoli Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.3
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.9 mg
- Sodium 570.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: