Recipe by bayousong
This is an excellent side dish, makes a lovely presentation for a dinner party and can be fixed ahead. Just be sure you don't overbake. This is from an old church cookbook.
Top Review by MISSIB
This recipe was so easy to make and so delish. Two were devoured before I remembered to take a pix but my my I will definetly make these over and over. I had multigrain crackers on hand so I used them. Gave recipe to all my girl friends. Common, on hand ingredients also. Thank you so much for an excellent recipe, a definite keeper.
- 6 large firm tomatoes (reserve 2 cups tomato pulp)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, cooked
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 2 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- butter, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut slice off tops of tomatoes and scoop out the pulp, being careful to leave tomato intact.
- Salt lightly and turn upside down to drain.
- Mix chopped, cooked broccoli with tomato pulp.
- Add the cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, Accent, grated onion and crumbled bacon.
- Mix thoroughly and fill tomatoes with mixture.
- Dot the tomatoes with butter or margarine.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet (with sides) and bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
- Do not let them over bake or they will split.