1/5 Photos of Baked Tomatoes Stuffed With Salmon, Garlic & Capers
1 hr 5 mins
I was looking for different recipes to use all the tomatoes this year from my garden and found this one. It's great but they are not good reheated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon capers, preferably packed in salt
- 1 lb salmon
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon very finely chopped garlic or 1 teaspoon pressed garlic
- 2 tablespoons unflavored fine dry breadcrumbs
- black pepper, ground fresh
- 2 large firm ripe tomatoes, weighing approximately 3/4 pound each
- 1Drain the capers if packed in vinegar; soak, rinse, and drain if packed in salt.
- 2Chop them fine.
- 3Turn the oven on to 400.
- 4Remove the salmon's skin, any loose membranes, and carefully pick out all bones.
- 5Cut the fish into very small diced pieces and put in a bowl together with 2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil, the chopped parsley, garlic, capers, 1 tablespoon of bread crumbs, salt and several grindings of black pepper.
- 6Toss thoroughly.
- 7Wash the tomatoes, cut them horizontally in half, and scoop out all the seeds and the centers to make a cup-like hollow.
- 8Pat the inside of the tomatoes with a paper towel to soak up excess juice, then stuff them with the salmon mixture, pressing it down lightly as you do so.
- 9There should be enough to form a mound.
- 10Sprinkle the tops with the remaining bread crumbs and drizzle with remaining olive oil, holding back a few drops of the olive oil to grease the bottom of a baking pan.
- 11Place the tomatoes on the baking pan and bake in the upper level of the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the salmon stuffing has formed a light golden crust.
- 12Serve not piping hot, but lukewarm.
- 13They are also good later, at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Tomatoes Stuffed With Salmon, Garlic & Capers
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.2
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 351.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 27.7 g