Baked Tomatoes Stuffed With Leeks
- Preheat oven to 400°F Grease a shallow baking dish or pan large enough to hold the 6 tomatoes. Wash tomatoes and cut off stem end (not too close).
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out seeds and pulp and discard. Turn tomatoes upside down on paper towels to drain and place in baking dish.
- Wash leeks very thoroughly and pat dry. Cut away the tough green tips.
- Lay the leek pieces flat on a cutting board and slice crosswise very fine. Melt the 4 tablespoons butter in a saute' pan, add leeks and cook until soft (do not overcook).
- Season with salt, pepper, and Tabasco. Spoon 1/6 of the cooked leeks into each tomato, then a tablespoon of cheese and a tablespoon of breadcrumbs over the cheese.
- Place a half-teaspoon of butter on top of each tomato.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 F and bake for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.