Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another tasty recipe from the Sunday Life supplement of The Age.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 3 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pistachios
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Bring the stock to the boil.
- Place couscous in a bowl and pour the boiling stock over.
- cover bowl with plastic wrap and leave to steam for 10 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork, and add all ingredients except the tomatoes.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Slice a top off each tomato, and using a teaspoon, hollow out, remove and discard seeds.
- Fill each tomato with couscous mix, and replace top as a lid.
- Place stuffed tomatoes on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
I'm going to try this with lemon and corriander couscous, omit the feta, and put grilled houlimi on the top! I'll do everythin gelse the same! Can't wait, sound delicious, thanks for the ideas!