Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from "Ambrosia". Cookbook from Vicksburg, MS. Try this dish for your next dinner party.
- 2 (10 ounce) packageschopped spinach
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 -4 tomatoes, cut into 12 thick slices
- Cook spinach according to package directions and set aside.
- Saute all onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- To spinach, add eggs, 1 cup breadcrumbs, sauteed onions, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings, and cheese.
- Arrange tomato slices in a buttered baking dish.
- Scoop spinach mixture on top of each tomato slice.
- Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Great tasting,I cut it down for 3 servings and it was perfect!Thanks,Linda.