Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Paula Deen Celebrates!
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (I like Texas Pete)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the stem ends off the tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes in half and place cut side up in a 13x9 baking dish.
- In a 10-inch skillet over low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the bread crumbs, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, thyme, and hot sauce.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the mixture over each tomato half.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until topping is browned.