Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Delicious side dish from Canadian Living mag.
Make and share this Baked Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large plum tomatoes, about 1 1/2 lbs
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese (optional)
- Cut each tomato lengthwise into 6 wedges.
- In bowl, toss tomato wedges with half of each of the oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange tomatoes, cut side up in 13x9 inch glass baking dish, roast in 400f degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic, parsley and remaining oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove tomatoes from oven, sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Roast until bread crumb mixture is golden, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if using and return to oven for another 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
Derf this is so tasty and so easy to do.. I like it baked extra long so it gets crunchy crisp. Simple easy recipe that adds so much flavor as a side dish. Love your recipes- Thanks Derf for yet another winner — posted Mar 26, 2004,3 members found this helpful Added comments - I made this today as part of a special birthday luncheon everyone LOVED it thanks Derf your recipes are the best!
These tomatoes were absolutely delicious. I cut the recipe in half, but wish I hadn't, because I'm sure they would taste just as good leftover. This is a great change of pace side dish that I'll be making often. Thanks Derf
The flavor of broiled tomatoes without the fuss of everything fallowing off the top! Cut the recipe in half and it worked out great, 2 slices of bread gave me just the right amount of fresh bread crumbs. Thanks for the easy and tasty post.