Recipe by Derf
Delicious side dish from Canadian Living mag.
Top Review by Bergy
Derf this is so tasty and so easy to do.. I like it baked extra long so it gets crunchy crisp. Simple easy recipe that adds so much flavor as a side dish. Love your recipes- Thanks Derf for yet another winner — posted Mar 26, 2004,3 members found this helpful Added comments - I made this today as part of a special birthday luncheon everyone LOVED it thanks Derf your recipes are the best!
- 6 large plum tomatoes, about 1 1/2 lbs
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each tomato lengthwise into 6 wedges.
- In bowl, toss tomato wedges with half of each of the oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange tomatoes, cut side up in 13x9 inch glass baking dish, roast in 400f degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic, parsley and remaining oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove tomatoes from oven, sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Roast until bread crumb mixture is golden, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if using and return to oven for another 5 minutes, until cheese melts.