Recipe by joan in CNY
These are great when you have an overabundance of tomatoes from your garden (they all seem to ripen at once!) Best if large beefsteak type tomatoes are used. Recipe can be doubled or even tripled.
Top Review by *Parsley*
So good! Very fresh flavor. I used six tomatoes and adjusted the recipe accordingly. This was fantastic. I may mix some fresh parmesan cheese into the topping next time. Thanx!
- 2 large tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 9.85 ml minced onions
- 4.92 ml dried basil or 14.79 ml fresh basil
- 4.92 ml dill weed or 14.79 ml fresh dill
- 2.46 ml celery seed
- 59.14 ml dried breadcrumbs
- 9.85 ml butter or 9.85 ml margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stem ends from tomatoes without cutting flesh.
- Cut tomatoes in half horizontally.
- Set cut side up in a shallow baking dish or casserole.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion, herbs, toasted bread crumbs; dot with butter.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.