Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Whole tomatoes cut nearly into wedges, stuffed with zucchini and parmesan, sprinkled with olive oil, salt and pepper and minced garlic. I think the flavors are amazing and complimentary plus it looks pretty :) Use medium tomatoes for a side dish or large tomatoes and an extra zucchini for a main dish. It's also tasty without the parm for an easy vegetarian friendly dish.
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in 1/4 inch slices (peeled or not-your preference)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, thin sliced* (you'll need about 18 1-2 inch pieces)
- olive oil
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Place tomatoes stem-side down on cutting board. Being careful not to cut all the way through, cut each tomato into 6 wedges-leaving about 1/2 at the bottom.
- Transfer tomatoes to an ungreased baking dish and insert 2 slices of zucchini between each wedge-then insert a piece of parmesan between the zucchini.
- Mince garlic and sprinkle over each tomato.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over each tomato and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered 20-30 minutes or until tomatoes are slightly soft and cheese has melted. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- *EASY TIP! To thin-slice the parmesan, I use a vegetable peeler, quick and easy.