Recipe by Fetherlan
I love this recipe because it's fairly quick, and surprisingly tasty. I don't remember where I found it, but it goes over very well with my family.
Top Review by vrvrvr
We really enjoyed this. My 4 tomatoes were very large, so I used 2 additional cloves of garlic. The finished dish needed a bit more salt. I served this over 3/4 lb. of angel hair pasta. The flavor was subtle but had nice depth and was warm and comforting. I tried to reduce the amount of olive oil used, but ended up needing all of it to keep the tomatoes moist while roasting. This made a delicious dinner enjoyed by all 5 of us.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh tomatoes (about 4 large, 8 or 9 roma)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb pasta (rotelle or similar)
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Choose a shallow baking dish that will hold tomatoes in a single layer.
- Cover bottom of the dish with the olive oil.
- Cut tomatoes. If using round tomatoes, cut into quarters; if using roma tomatoes, in halves.
- Dip the cut surface of each tomato piece in the olive oil, then place in the pan cut-side up.
- Combine the remaining ingredients except pasta, and sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- Bake 40 minutes. Tomatoes should be very soft when removed from the oven.
- While the tomatoes are baking, cook the pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Place pasta in bowl and pour baked tomatoes and oil over.
- Toss well to break up the tomatoes.
- Serve with extra cheese if desired, or fresh parsley for garnish.