Recipe by Anna in the Philippines
I came up with this myself after having something similar in a restaurant. Each time I've made it I change it a little depending on what ingredients I have handy, but the basic recipe is the same. I've used a packet of onion soup mix instead of the stock before and I've used bell peppers instead of the onions, it tasted good both times.
- 6 pork chops
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 (400 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup stock (I use chicken)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip chops into egg then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Fry breaded chops in oil until they just begin turning brown.
- Put chops into baking / casserole dish.
- Using the same pan fry the onions until soft.
- Add tomatoes and stock, salt and pepper, cook for several minutes.
- Mix flour with water, making sure there are no lumps.
- Add flour mixture to the pan, stirring as the sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over the chops.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350F.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.