Anna in the Philippines's Note:
I came up with this myself after having something similar in a restaurant. Each time I've made it I change it a little depending on what ingredients I have handy, but the basic recipe is the same. I've used a packet of onion soup mix instead of the stock before and I've used bell peppers instead of the onions, it tasted good both times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dip chops into egg then coat with breadcrumbs.
- 2Fry breaded chops in oil until they just begin turning brown.
- 3Put chops into baking / casserole dish.
- 4Using the same pan fry the onions until soft.
- 5Add tomatoes and stock, salt and pepper, cook for several minutes.
- 6Mix flour with water, making sure there are no lumps.
- 7Add flour mixture to the pan, stirring as the sauce thickens.
- 8Pour sauce over the chops.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes at 350F.
- 10Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Tomato Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 954.8
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 336.6 mg
- Sodium 684.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 92.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: