So delicious and colorful you could serve this as a main dish using large beefsteak tomatoes with double or triple filling. Your dinner guests will think they have died and gone to heaven!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon until crisp, drain and crumble.
- 2Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings until transparent.
- 3Add spinach, and cook until wilted.
- 4Stir in bacon, sour cream, and hot sauce,and remove from heat.
- 5Slice off tomato tops and remove centers.
- 6Salt insides lightly and fill with spinach mixture.
- 7Top with cheese and place in a shallow baking dish.
- 8Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Tomato Heaven
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.0
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 125.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g