Recipe by pines506
Different, but good!
Top Review by Frendlycat
This turned out to be a great solution to approximately 2 lbs of fresh tomatos that I had on hand and needed to use today. In addition to fresh tomatos, I also used sprouted grain bread, splenda, and added a can of artichoke hearts and basil...and I left out cornstarch because I didn't have any. It was still very yummy, even my 11 year old son enjoyed it very much. Oh, and I topped each bowl with a few slices of avocado drizzled with lemon juice. This is a great basic recipe that obviously can be adjusted very easily to make any number of great combinations. Thanks for posting!
- 3 slices stale bread
- 1 (32 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 small onion, diced
- grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Break bread into pieces and place in buttered 6 x 10 x 2 baking dish.
- In saucepan, combine tomatoes, seasonings, sugar and cornstarch.
- Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened; pour over bread.
- Sprinkle with onion and grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.