I eat this regularly, usually on a salad with some fresh mushrooms or rice noodles or whatever you want. This tofu is good, even my absolute meat lover husband likes it, good texture and flavor!
- PlateTofu (very important for texture): place block of tofu in between 2 plates with paper towels on top and bottom. Place some thing heavy on top plate (whatever will stay put, I use a big peanut buuter jar or bananas). Alow to sit for at least 20 min, the longer it sits, the "meatier" the tofu.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice block in half from left to right so you have two pieces the same as the original block's width and length.
- Mix remaining ingredients together (adjust anything to taste - sometimes I use lemon juice in place of soy sauce or add minced ginger).
- Baste top, bottom and sides of each tofu block and place onto pan sprayed with cooking spray (I use olive oil spray).
- Bake for 40 minutes, flip halfway through and rebaste if desired.