Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
somthing healthy. Taken from fatfree.com
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (important that its balsamic, no substitute!)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (yes really this much)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- tofu, cut into pcs
- Slice tofu into about half inch slices. Place on nonstick baking tray so they are pretty crowded.
- Pour over them the yummy soy sauce.
- marinade. No need to pre-marinate. (I MARINATED IN THE REFRIGERATOR APPROX 75MIN).
- Bake for about 1/2 hour at 400.
- degrees F. (I BAKE 350º - 30MIN ONLY).
- Its crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside and delicious.
The way to make it come out crunchy is to cut them a little thinner. Another thing that works is to add sesame oil-- the oil helps it come out crunchy. I use Flora organic sesame oil.
Fantastic flavor. I pressed the water out of the tofu first because I always do. I followed the recipe exactly and baked this 40 minutes, but it was not even a little bit crunchy which was disappointing. This is the reason for only three stars. Thanks for posting, fawn512. I'd really love this if it did come out crunchy.
really easy to prepare...and, tastes good - i just wish i could have gotten mine to come out crunchy on the outside...that would make it amazing