1/1 Photo of Baked Toficken Nuggets (Vegetarian Chicken Nuggets)
I've made these a few times now, with different seasonings, and I think I have the technique down perfectly. The key is to freeze and thaw your tofu before you use it-- this gives it chewiness. I actually freeze all my tofu because I like it this way in all my recipes. For this, I have used poultry seasoning, sazon, Cajun spice blend.. all with good results. Be gentle if you add extra salt, as many seasoning mixes are very salty on their own. Cooking time doesn't include freezing, thawing, or marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the tofu into bite sized pieces or larger if you prefer.
- 2Combine yogurt and poultry seasoning (or whichever other seasonings you are using).
- 3Place tofu and yogurt mixture into a ziploc bag and allow to marinate several hours or overnight.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal and starch- You may add additional seasonings to this mixture as well.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6Spray a cookie sheet with PAM.
- 7Dredge the marinate tofu in the cornmeal mixture to coat, and lay on the cookie sheet, leaving room between each piece.
- 8Bake 20 to 30 minutes, turning once, until browned.
- 9Serve with your choice of dipping sauce (I like BBQ sauce myself).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Toficken Nuggets (Vegetarian Chicken Nuggets)
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.9
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 45.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 10.5 g