Recipe by Columbus Foodie
Recipe is from the American Tilapia Association
Top Review by NurseJaney
I did a bunch of switches here - so maybe not a true evaluation. Subbed 1 thinly sliced shallot for onions, 2 tsp. Herbes de Provence for mixed herbs, and topped each fillet with thin lemon slices. Maybe some dark green (parsley?) for final topping would add to presentation appeal. We enjoyed it -- a real change from Home-Autry breaded sauteed servings. Thanks C. Foodie, will do again.
- 453.59 g fresh tilapia fillet
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 1-2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 59.16 ml freshly chopped mixed herbs
- 6 onions, diagonally sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 14.17 g butter
- 4.92 ml cornstarch, blended with a little cold water
- 29.58 ml creme fraiche
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange the Tilapia side by side in a lightly oiled roasting tin or ovenproof dish.
- Pour over the wine, then sprinkle over the chopped garlic, most of the herbs, the salad onions and seasoning to taste.
- Place half the butter on each fish. Cover with a sheet of lightly oiled foil, seal in the fish.
- Bake in a preheated oven 350 degrees F, for 30-35 minutes.
- Transfer the Tilapia to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Pour the juices into a pan, stir in the blended cornflour and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the creme fraiche, pour over and serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining herbs.