Recipe is from the American Tilapia Association
Make and share this Baked Tilapia With White Wine and Herbs recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange the Tilapia side by side in a lightly oiled roasting tin or ovenproof dish.
- Pour over the wine, then sprinkle over the chopped garlic, most of the herbs, the salad onions and seasoning to taste.
- Place half the butter on each fish. Cover with a sheet of lightly oiled foil, seal in the fish.
- Bake in a preheated oven 350 degrees F, for 30-35 minutes.
- Transfer the Tilapia to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Pour the juices into a pan, stir in the blended cornflour and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the creme fraiche, pour over and serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining herbs.
I did a bunch of switches here - so maybe not a true evaluation. Subbed 1 thinly sliced shallot for onions, 2 tsp. Herbes de Provence for mixed herbs, and topped each fillet with thin lemon slices. Maybe some dark green (parsley?) for final topping would add to presentation appeal. We enjoyed it -- a real change from Home-Autry breaded sauteed servings. Thanks C. Foodie, will do again.
Good, but was missing something. Can't put my finger on it. Maybe a different mix of herbs? I used the "Simon and Garfunkle" mix-parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. Maybe heating the wine with the garlic and herbs first would bring out more of the herb flavor. I'll try it again, though.
Scrumptious recipe for Tilapia! Will be a keeper, Thanks!