Delicious, fast, easy, and low-fat. What more could you want?
Make and share this Baked Tilapia With Veggies, Herbs, and Wine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb tilapia fillet (any mild white fish, ie -- sole, orange roughy, would also work)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large portabella mushroom, diced (or 4 oz. mushrooms)
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled
- 3 -4 tablespoons dry sherry
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spray a baking dish (about 11"X7") and arrange filets in a single layer.
- Overlap slightly if necessary.
- Sprinkle with salt and paprika; Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil; quickly saute portabello, green onion and yellow pepper, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sherry and tarragon, and simmer 2-3 minutes more.
- If this mixture is very wet, simmer to reduce another minute or two.
- Spoon contents of skillet over fish.
- Bake@ 450F 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your filets.