Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious, fast, easy, and low-fat. What more could you want?
- 1 lb tilapia fillet (any mild white fish, ie -- sole, orange roughy, would also work)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large portabella mushroom, diced (or 4 oz. mushrooms)
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled
- 3 -4 tablespoons dry sherry
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spray a baking dish (about 11"X7") and arrange filets in a single layer.
- Overlap slightly if necessary.
- Sprinkle with salt and paprika; Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil; quickly saute portabello, green onion and yellow pepper, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sherry and tarragon, and simmer 2-3 minutes more.
- If this mixture is very wet, simmer to reduce another minute or two.
- Spoon contents of skillet over fish.
- Bake@ 450F 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your filets.
My whole family (including kids!) really liked this. I was very doubtful as it went together though. I thought I had sherry but didn't, and used vermouth instead. It worked really well as a substitute. Will try it with sherry next time though. I used sliced baby bellas rather than dicing a large portabella. Other than that, I followed the recipe eactly. I used the full amount of tarragon, and it really only added a mild flavor. Thank you!
Sorry to say this recipe didn't do it for us. Was very bland IMHO. Followed directions exactly except didn't use tarragon cuz I don't like it, but subbed italian seasoning. Maybe the tarragon is the secret ingredient that makes the difference.
Extremely easy, different and delicious. Making it again this week!