1/15 Photos of Baked Tilapia With Lots of Spice
This is a fabulous recipe for oven fried tilapia slightly adapted from Paul Prudhomme's wonderful "Fork In The Road" lower fat cookbook. I served this for dinner with family and it got rave reviews. Even my picky 5 year old eater enjoyed it. The ingredient list here is long, but is mostly spices. Please don't be put off, this is wonderful stuff and once you get the spice mixture combined, quite easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 3/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl combine the spices from the salt through the Italian seasoning and set it aside.
- 3In a shallow container mix the bread crumbs, dried parsley, and green onions.
- 4Measure 4 tsp of the spice mix and sprinkle that all over the 4 fish fillets.
- 5Add the remaining spice mix to the bread crumbs, mixing well. Add the olive oil to the bread crumb mix, blending it in with your hands.
- 6Dredge the fish in the breadcrumbs, coating well.
- 7Shake off any excess breadcrumbs.
- 8Place the fish on a baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- 9Bake for 6 minutes.
- 10Turn over and bake for 4 minutes.
- 11Turn over again and bake until flaky, about 4 more minutes.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Tilapia With Lots of Spice
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 743.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: