Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tender, flakey tilapia with a creamy herb parmesan sauce. YUM-O
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease baking pan.
- In small bowl, mix together the cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice, basil, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until done and flaky.
- Remove fillets from oven and cover them with the cheese mixture on top side.
- Place under broiler for 2 minutes or until the topping is browned.
- Be careful not to overcook the fish.
Thank you for your recipe. My husband and I loved it! It was quick and easy. Loved the flavor and crispy edges. Added some garlic powder and used I can't believe its butter. A keeper!
I doubled the topping mixture, added a LITTLE garlic salt. I also made brown rice. I used the extra mixture by pouring a small amt on the brown rice, then topping the brown rice with the fish and then, if you like, you can add still a little more of the mixture over the Tilapia. The mixture has an awesome taste and me and my dinner guests really enjoyed it! YUM YUM! First time making the recipe and it's a complete hit!