From the American Tilapia Association
Make and share this Baked Tilapia recipe from Food.com.
- Saute the celery, onions and bell pepper in butter until the vegetables soften.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, tarragon, basil, and milk, stirring until blended.
- Cook sauce until it thickens, stirring constantly.
- Lower the heat and add cheese, stirring until the cheese just melts. Do NOT boil the cheese or it will get stringy.
- Rinse the tilapia fillets in cold salted water, then drain and pat dry.
- Arrange the fish in a single layer in an oblong baking dish.
- Spoon the sauce over all.
- Bake at 425ºF for 8 to 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.