Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
After thinking and thinking about what to do with Tilapia filets I decided I was going to use the "same" recipe G-Pa used for his empanadas. I twisted it a little but boy did these came out great! You can either place the crackers in the blender (for more smoothnes) or you can place them in a plastic bag and just crush (I prefer this one, I hate to pull out the blender just for crackers!). I might be a little off on the measurements for the seasonings (I apologize) but I will say just go "by taste".
- 8 tilapia fillets
- 10 soda crackers (Export Soda)
- 2 tablespoons adobo seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves
- In a blender or zip bag, crush crackers.
- Add adobo and cilantro
- In a wide medium bowl, mix oil, vinegar, garlic salt and garlic powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs.
- It is preferred to leave the filets marinating in vinegar/oil mixture for at least 30 minutes (this is optional)
- After marinating or covering filets with oil/vinegar mixture. Cover filets with eggs and then place on crackers until covered.
- Place them in greased pan and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.