Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taken from an old edition of Super Food Ideas magazine.
- 500 g large spiral pasta
- 50 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 125 g cream cheese
- 100 g blue cheese
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta spirals n boiling salted water till tender.
- Drain well.
- Melt butter in small fry pan and saute onions for 4 minutes till tender.
- Stir buttered green onions through hot pasta.
- Add cream cheese, blue cheese and grated cheese.
- Blend well, season to taste.
- Spoon into shallow ovenproof dish.
- Bake in moderate oven 180 C for 15 minutes till all cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Decadent :) very yummo, Kate! Sorry that I didn't have spirals, but rigatoni worked very well, and this symphony of cheese and butter is guaranteed to leave you totally at peace with the world! I did add a little fried bacon ... primarily because I had it, and it does go well with mac 'n 'cheese, but really, this dish is already so rich that the bacon was over-kill. Due to time constraints, I didnt bake it, and I added a little cream for a smooth saucy texture. Really really good .... :D Made for PMMR Aus/NZ tag game.
Delicious !! Very nice quick satisfying recipe. Loved the addition of the bleu cheese, thought this made the recipe flavorful. Kids enjoyed this very much too. Served this with Low-Fat Pizza Style Meatloaf#454317. Thanks for a great recipe. Made for Holiday Tag.
Oh so yummy! The cheeses blended together so well, and left us satisfied and maybe a little sleepy! I served this with salmon patties and roasted asparagus. Delicious! Thank you kate! I will be making this again!