Recipe by katew
Taken from an old edition of Super Food Ideas magazine.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Decadent :) very yummo, Kate! Sorry that I didn't have spirals, but rigatoni worked very well, and this symphony of cheese and butter is guaranteed to leave you totally at peace with the world! I did add a little fried bacon ... primarily because I had it, and it does go well with mac 'n 'cheese, but really, this dish is already so rich that the bacon was over-kill. Due to time constraints, I didnt bake it, and I added a little cream for a smooth saucy texture. Really really good .... :D Made for PMMR Aus/NZ tag game.
- 500 g large spiral pasta
- 50 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 125 g cream cheese
- 100 g blue cheese
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta spirals n boiling salted water till tender.
- Drain well.
- Melt butter in small fry pan and saute onions for 4 minutes till tender.
- Stir buttered green onions through hot pasta.
- Add cream cheese, blue cheese and grated cheese.
- Blend well, season to taste.
- Spoon into shallow ovenproof dish.
- Bake in moderate oven 180 C for 15 minutes till all cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.