Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Baked Tetrazzini recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (340 g) bag broad egg noodles, about
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey, diced
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Place in a greased baking dish.
- In a non-stick skillet, melt butter and cook the vegetables until tender.
- Add flour and milk and cook stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Add mozzarella cheese, marjoram, salt, pepper and turkey.
- Cook at low heat, stirring until the cheese has melted.
- Mix the sauce with the noodles and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes.
My family really liked this dish. My son said it tastes like his favorite pasta at his favorite restaurant except that it isn't as creamy. I think next time I will make the sauce with 3 cups of milk to get that luxurious cream. Even though I will make a change I did give 5 stars because it really is good as is. I know this will be served often at our table. Thank you for posting this recipe.
I pretty much following the recipe except for the bell pepper which I subbed a 7 1/2 jar of roasted red pepper, I used some sort of colored pasta that I got as a gift, and I did not use the parmesan cheese as my DH doesn't care for it so I just sprinkled some on mine before serving. The result was delicious. I think that this dish would be very kid friendly.