Recipe by *Pixie*
Top Review by GaylaV
My family really liked this dish. My son said it tastes like his favorite pasta at his favorite restaurant except that it isn't as creamy. I think next time I will make the sauce with 3 cups of milk to get that luxurious cream. Even though I will make a change I did give 5 stars because it really is good as is. I know this will be served often at our table. Thank you for posting this recipe.
- 1 (340 g) bag broad egg noodles, about
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey, diced
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Place in a greased baking dish.
- In a non-stick skillet, melt butter and cook the vegetables until tender.
- Add flour and milk and cook stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Add mozzarella cheese, marjoram, salt, pepper and turkey.
- Cook at low heat, stirring until the cheese has melted.
- Mix the sauce with the noodles and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes.