Recipe by Janae'
Very good served on top of rice!!!
Top Review by yogiclarebear
Good recipe, with a few tweaks.The sauce has a great flavor, loved it! Baking the chicken makes it so tender before the stir fry here, good idea! The baking time for the chicken can't be right though...I baked at 375 for 20-25 minutes only, mixing the chicken a few times. It was done perfect but 40 minutes at 450 would have torched this! I made this for 2 servings, using 10 oz diced chicken breast, and a 10 oz bag of frozen stir fry vegetables. I did make the sauce for 3 servings though, so it would go farther on rice. I used Splenda instead of sugar, and fresh pureed ginger.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups carrots
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups celery
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 skinless chicken pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic & ginger.
- Stir together & simmer until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Place chicken in a greased 9x13 dish.
- Cover chicken with sauce.
- Place in oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken & bake 10 minutes longer.
- Brush chicken with sauce every 5 minutes during baking time.
- Make sure chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, add 1 T. olive oil and vegetables.
- Stir & put in cut up chicken.
- Stir fry until done.