Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
At the fair we ate Tator Pigs, sausages cooked in a whole potato with sour cream, butter and salt and pepper. Then the local vendor couldn't sell them any more. This is my adapted recipe. A definite kid pleaser!
- In large mixing bowl, mash tator tots.
- Add saltine crackers.
- In another bowl, wisk egg, milk and 1 tsp oil.
- Pour into tator tots and mix with hands or spoon.
- Wipe off Sausage links with paper towels.
- Take a 6 X 6 piece of foil. Spread a little oil on the foil.
- Mound two spoonfuls of tator tot mixture. Place a sausage on the mound. Mold the tator tots around the sausage, Add more for the top of sausage if needed.
- Take the foil and press around the sides and top.
- Do the same with the other sausages.
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Carefully take off the foil and place on Pam sprayed tray.
- Bake 20 Minutes. Remove from oven. Let set 10 minutes.
- Remove from tray by spatula.
- Alternate baking method:.
- Spray Pam in muffin cups.
- Mound and flatten two spponfuls tator tot mixture. Add one sausage broken in small pieces. Cover with tator tot mixture. Press down.
- Bake 20 minutes. Let set 10 minutes before removing.
- Remove from muffin pan by spatula.
- Serve with sour cream or ranch dressing.
Very easy to make and yummy. I didn't have any saltines so I used ritz crackers instead. I also used baby cakes instead of tator tots.
I made this for my grandchildren and they loved it..what a hit with them!!! Very kid friendly and so easy to make. Thanks for posting.