Recipe by HeatherFeather
Adapted from a recipe in Hometown Cooking magazine. Nice for a dinner party. Garnish with orange slices.
Top Review by Flaca
Super easy and tasty. In southern CA - with family fruit trees - we always have an over abundance of the oranges so I was looking for a way to use them. This recipe for salmon was great! My husband enjoyed the light dinner - I think I may trot it out for company in the future! I did add a tablespoon of minced garlic and a dollop of mustard to the marinade for a bit more texture. All in all - it was great. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh salmon fillets, 1 inch thick,cut into 4 portions
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or minced (not from a jar please)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- orange slice, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together orange zest, orange juice, oil, tarragon, ginger, salt, and pepper in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add fish to bag, seal, and shake bag gently to coat.
- Let marinate 3-4 hours-but no longer as your fish may start to toughen up if overmarinated.
- Preheat oven to 450 F and bake fish in a casserole dish 8-12 minutes or until it has just started to flake easily with a fork.