Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
WOW, I give this 5 stars! I was more than pleasantly surprised with this recipe. Even the picky kids loved it. Definitely company worthy. Serve with wide buttered noodles. I browned one side of the breasts in butter in a skillet but frankly, it was not necessary. The color from the brown mustard gave it great eye appeal. Recipe from: "What's for Dinner" by Maryana Vollstedt
Top Review by kaysin
Great meal! I have made this twice now and it came out better the second time than the first. I used water instead of white wine both times. I gave the recipe to my mother and she and her husband loved it! All of us will definitely make it again!
- 4 -6 chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine, dry
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place chicken in a lightly spray 8x8 baking dish or casserole.
- In a small sauce pan. melt butter.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, uncover and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until thickest part of breast is no loner pink.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.