Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
WOW, I give this 5 stars! I was more than pleasantly surprised with this recipe. Even the picky kids loved it. Definitely company worthy. Serve with wide buttered noodles. I browned one side of the breasts in butter in a skillet but frankly, it was not necessary. The color from the brown mustard gave it great eye appeal. Recipe from: "What's for Dinner" by Maryana Vollstedt
- 4 -6 chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine, dry
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place chicken in a lightly spray 8x8 baking dish or casserole.
- In a small sauce pan. melt butter.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, uncover and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until thickest part of breast is no loner pink.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
Great meal! I have made this twice now and it came out better the second time than the first. I used water instead of white wine both times. I gave the recipe to my mother and she and her husband loved it! All of us will definitely make it again!
I prepared this for dinner using two fresh chicken legs, browned the chicken and then put the sauce ingredients over it in the same frypan I used. Popped it in the oven and WOW is right chef!! An easy, very tasty recipe, loved the combination of flavours, I deglazed the pan with a little more wine and served the sauce over the chicken....... really good!!!
Chef du Jour this was absolutely fantastic! We loved it and it will be made many times over!
Thank you for this keeper! Hugs, Jelly :)