Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I liked this one. Gave it 3 stars. Not too exciting or anything, just plain GOOD!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large leek (white only, chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tarragon (minced)
- 6 potatoes (peeled, grated)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (room temp.)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add chicken. Brown. Remove to a plate.
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Add the leek and garlic. Saute 4 minutes.
- Add flour. Cook 1 minute.
- Whisk in wine and stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce.
- Stir in the dijon, lemon juice, sour cream and tarragon. Blend well.
- Return chicken. Cover. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Heat oven 350.
- Blanch potatoes. Drain well.
- Toss with butter. Season.
- Season chicken mix.
- Spread potato mix on top of chicken. Bake 35 minutes.