Recipe by Chilicat
A lower-fat version of the deep fried puffs. This is from "A Hundred Years of Island Cooking", an old cookbook from the Hawaiian Electric Company.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked taro root, mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475°F Using 1 tablespoon of the butter, butter two muffin pans with 1 3/4-inch cups.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Work flour mixture into mashed taro. Shape into 1-inch balls and place in prepared pans.
- Press pieces of remaining butter into the top of each ball. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until puffy and brown.
- Serve immediately.