1/4 Photos of Baked Taco Bowl Salad
This tasty salad is made with baked tortilla bowls and Lawry's Taco Seasoning. I think there is a copycat version on this site somewhere for that. You could make that one, if you wish, instead of the store-bought. This was a fun dinner to make and very easy. Serve sour cream and salsa on the side. You can add more vegies or add peppers, if you wish.
My Private Note
taco sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas, room temperature
- nonstick cooking spray
- kosher salt
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning (Lawry's)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 cups lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 oz )
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- 1Spray one side of each tortilla with no-stick cooking spray. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Place oiled side of tortilla over ovenproof 7x3-inch mixing bowl. Place 6 oz. custard cup upside-down in center of tortilla; gently press custard cup and tortilla into bowl.
- 2Bake in a preheated 375 F oven until edges are golden brown (12-15 minutes). Remove to wire rack. Remove custard cup. Invert shell; cool completely. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- 3In 12-inch skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Stir in Taco Spices & Seasonings and continue preparing according to package directions. (Note: I like to add a couple of Tbsp of salsa to the seasoned meat as I think it's too dry.).
- 4TO SERVE:
- 5Place 1 1/2 cups lettuce in each shell. Top each with 3/4 cup warm meat mixture; sprinkle with cheese, tomatoes, green onions and olives.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Taco Bowl Salad
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.9
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Sodium 856.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 35.1 g