This tasty salad is made with baked tortilla bowls and Lawry's Taco Seasoning. I think there is a copycat version on this site somewhere for that. You could make that one, if you wish, instead of the store-bought. This was a fun dinner to make and very easy. Serve sour cream and salsa on the side. You can add more vegies or add peppers, if you wish.
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas, room temperature
- nonstick cooking spray
- kosher salt
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning (Lawry's)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 cups lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 oz )
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- Spray one side of each tortilla with no-stick cooking spray. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Place oiled side of tortilla over ovenproof 7x3-inch mixing bowl. Place 6 oz. custard cup upside-down in center of tortilla; gently press custard cup and tortilla into bowl.
- Bake in a preheated 375 F oven until edges are golden brown (12-15 minutes). Remove to wire rack. Remove custard cup. Invert shell; cool completely. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- In 12-inch skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Stir in Taco Spices & Seasonings and continue preparing according to package directions. (Note: I like to add a couple of Tbsp of salsa to the seasoned meat as I think it's too dry.).
- TO SERVE:
- Place 1 1/2 cups lettuce in each shell. Top each with 3/4 cup warm meat mixture; sprinkle with cheese, tomatoes, green onions and olives.