1/1 Photo of Baked Swiss Cornbread With Turkey Cream Sauce
Cornbread with a layer of mushrooms and swiss in the middle topped with chunks of chicken or turkey in a cream sauce. Great one-dish meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1In large bowl, mix dry ingredients for corn bread.
- 2In a seperate bowl, mix together buttermilk, honey, egg, butter and 1/2 cup cheese.
- 3Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients; mix well.
- 4Spread half the batter in a buttered 8"x8" baking dish.
- 5Top with mushrooms and remaining cheese, then cover with remaining corn bread batter.
- 6Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes (until golden brown).
- 7In a medium saucepan, melt butter, and blend in flour.
- 8Add milk, stirring constantly over medium-high heat, until mixture thickens and boils.
- 9In a seperate bowl, blend 3/4 cup sauce into egg yolks.
- 10Return mixture to sauce.
- 11Stir in chunks of cooked chicken or turkey; warm until heated throughout.
- 12Cut corn bread into squares, and top with cream sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Swiss Cornbread With Turkey Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.5
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 193.6 mg
- Sodium 670.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 28.7 g