Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an old recipe from a church cookbook. I only added the twist of the noodles. Serve this dish with your favorite artisan bread and a caesar salad.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, thawed
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned stuffing mix (I like Stove Top, Savory Herbs with this dish)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pound chicken down to 1/2 inch thickness and place in 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Lay cheese slices over chicken.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine soup and wine. Mix well.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Top with dry stuffing mix.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, cook pasta in accordance with the package and drain.
- Serve chicken over pasta.
I made this tonight for my college roomate and myself. It was delicious and def a repeat. It was super easy to throw together, didnt take much work at all. The only complant I have would be that part of the stuffing was hard and didnt cook, so we had to pick around it. The recipe called for 1 box but it said 12oz, so I used two boxes. The boxs are 6oz each so I was wondering if it was a typo. Next time I make it Im going to prepare the stuffing seperately and put it ontop of the chicken for the last 5 min in the oven. The chicken was so moist!