Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great quick and easy dinner. I served it with Honey-Mustard Potatoes, Tomatoes and Cucumbers. Out of the new TOH's Quick Cooking Magazine.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup crushed seasoned croutons
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in.
- x 9-in.
- x 2-in.
- baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the soup and the wine or broth; pour over chicken.
- Top with cheese and sprinkle with croutons.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
This recipe is similar to one of mine, and another that's on Zaar, but the others use Pepperidge Farm Stuffing on top. It's one that I fix often, just because it's so easy and so good.
I wish I could give more stars!! I had this recipe in my 'to try' binder, I had also seen it in the Quick Cooking magazine and saved it. It was on my menu last week and when I came to post it, saw it already here!! DELICIOUS!!!!! I more than halved the recipe (some of it). Just my husband and I... so I used only 2 large chicken breasts. I used the full amount of chicken broth and the whole can of soup though (and 2 slices of Swiss and 1 cup of the crushed croutons)... because I was having mashed potatoes on the side and was planning on using the leftover "sauce" for the top. Well it made the most delicious gravy EVER. Great on top of mashed potatoes (and candied carrots on the side). I used garlic butter croutons - the garlic added a delicious "bang" to the dish.. and the croutons sprinkled on top almost made a stuffing of sorts! :drools: I can't wait to make this again!!!