Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an excellent recipe for any weekend brunch with company or family! I serve for our Christmas Breakfast with homemade muffins, sausage and fresh fruit. From Saltwood House Bed and Breakfast.
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, grated (10 oz)
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- Spread the cheese over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Dot with butter.
- Pour half the heavy cream over the cheese.
- Add the eggs and then the remaining cream.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set.
- Serves 8.
Bev, good (and fattening), had this for Sunday morning breakfast, cut nice squares but very rich. I did throw in some ham chunks. Delish and I froze it in squares to reheat for a quick breakfast for me at work...let ya know how that works out....TY for a great easy recipe!
Really easy and really delicious. Very rich, but no one complained! I also froze some leftovers - it makes alot. I didn't change anything. Thanks Bev for a great brunch recipe!
I lightened this up considerably by using a lite cheese, non-fat milk fortified with dry milk powder in place of the heavy cream and egg substitute for the eggs. It was delicious and we enjoyed it served with fresh melon.