Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Feel free to sub other veggies like cooked broccoli, sauteed zucchini for the green onion, also cheddar cheese can be subbed for the Swiss cheese.
- 3 cups grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (optional)
- grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees (place the oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Spread the grated Swiss cheese evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Dot with pieces of butter.
- Drizzle 1/2 cup whipping cream over the cheese (it doesn't have to cover the cheese completely).
- Sprinkle the chopped green onions over (if using).
- Pour the eggs over.
- Then drizzle the remaining cream over the eggs (the cream will seep into the eggs).
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with grated cheese, return to oven and bake until the eggs are set, about 15-20 minutes more.